Description / General Information
Catholic Pilgrimage to Italy
Experience inspirational Catholic culture and history as you walk in the footsteps of the saints, venerate miracles, and celebrate Mass in the sacred sites where the roots of the Faith were planted. Encounter Italy where the foundations and beauty of our faith are found in breathtaking landscapes, superb art and architecture, and the deep veneration of sacred relics and repositories. Rome beckons with its layers of history, courage of the saints, witness of the martyrs, and prayers of the faithful to form the heart of Catholicism. Vatican City is the highlight of any pilgrimage to Italy. A sovereign state since 1929, the Vatican is the spiritual nucleus of the Catholic Church, ruled by the pope, the bishop of Rome and successor to the apostle Peter.
Walk through layers of history, art, human drama, and profound faith on your pilgrimage throughout Italy. Worship alongside martyrs, saints, popes, and lay faithful. Tread on 3,000-year-old Roman roads woven through aqueducts, architecture, and engineering marvels. Trace the influence of ancient civilizations through modern pop culture. Experience Italy where locals work, pray, learn, and live in the presence of ancient ruins, art, architecture, and relics. Visit the sites that connect Catholic faithful and their traditions, and become inspired to proclaim the Gospel with your life story. Enlighten your soul with passion, flavor, beauty, and joy as you share your faith journey through Italy.
Please click on the Itinerary tab above for our day-by-day itinerary.
Fr. Sushil Tudu, TOR is a Franciscan Friar from the Province of St. Thomas the Apostle in India, born in 1977, ordained in 2006, and pastor of St. Catherine of Siena since 2017. Please learn more about Fr. Sushil here.
Please copy and paste this trip summary URL and forward to your friends and family
Information Meeting October 27
Please join us October 27, 2021 for an informational meeting at 7 pm in St. Catherine of Siena's Assisi Hall. We will be offering this live-streamed and recorded, as well.
Our presentation will be linked here.
Our travel partner, Educational Travel Services (ETS) has led over 350,000 guests on Faith Based trips in over 45 years of business. In addition to the Holy Land, ETS offers Faith Based cruises following the Journeys of Paul, Marriage and Women’s retreats at sea, Fellowship cruises, European Tours, River Cruises and more. If ETS or government authorities decide that it is not safe or healthy to travel, ETS will move your pilgrimage and your funds to a different date. In the past ETS has honored the pricing originally quoted. Travel protection is also highly recommended to protect you and your travel investment.
Please register to join us on the wonderful pilgrimage to Italy!
Please call Deborah at 469-702-0027 for more information and to register for this inspiring pilgrimage. Thank you so much, and we can't wait to welcome you!
Provided by travel partner, Educational Travel Services (ETS):
- International airfare between Dallas/Fort Worth and Milan, Rome and Dallas/Fort Worth (other gateways may be arranged)
- 2 nights hotel accommodations in Verona
- 3 nights hotel accommodations in Montecatini
- 3 nights hotel accommodations in Rome
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- All entrance and site fees
- Tips to local porters and restaurant staff
- Guided sightseeing with local guide and driver
- Airport transfers
- Deluxe motorcoach transportation with wi-fi and a/c
- Whisper System for listening to guide's commentary
Provided by travel professional, Deborah Kraml:
- Coordinating with ETS all of the details for your pilgrimage, including air, hotel, and tour
- Conducting information meetings for you and other interested guests
- Collecting and forwarding travel documents and payments to ETS
- Providing assistance as needed before, during, and after your travel
- Communicating all arrangements with you and your pilgrim companions
- Supplying final documents about a month before travel, along with travel and safety tips
- Helping you enjoy an inspiring experience in the Holy Land!
Pricing and Payment Information
Above Inclusions (based on 30 guests):
- $4,996 per guest
- Single supplement $598
Please budget extra (not included):
- Lunches at local restaurants (approximately $15/day - 9 tour days)
- Tips for guide and driver (recommended $6/day for guide and $3/day for driver - 9 tour days). See note below.
- Group photo (approximately $25)
- Passport, if you need to obtain or renew. Please see State Department site here. You may contact Deborah for assistance.
- Transportation to/from DFW upon request.
- Personal items and souvenirs
- Note about tips for guide and driver - We will pass around two envelopes, 1 for the guide and 1 for the driver during the last touring day, for you to add your tips for their service. Tips are not mandatory, and no other guests will know how much you give. Some guests will prefer to have Deborah hold their tip money at the beginning of the tour (so they know how much they have left to spend for souvenirs). Tips may be made in Euros or US dollars.
- $300 Registration deposit due at time of registration
- Final Payment due 105 days prior to departure date = July 25, 2022
- Guests are welcome to make additional payments prior to Final Payment date
- Day of registration to 106 days prior to departure - $100
- 105 - 60 days prior - $400
- 59 - 45 days prior - $600
- 44 - 31 days prior - 40% of total cost
- 30 - 0 days prior - 100% of total cost
- Plus any airline penalties at all ranges
Travel Protection is highly recommended to protect you and your travel investment, and all guests will receive insurance quotes. Please view Allianz Worldwide Travel Protection Brochure here.